Jolie: Dark Brown #2
Now that you’ve got the luxurious hair you’ve always wanted, be sure to follow these steps to keep your extensions looking their best. A little care will keep them in great condition, giving you a free flowing, full mane of hair.
- Wash your hair infrequently. Since the extensions aren’t attached to your scalp, they don’t get very oily. Use a dry shampoo to absorb any oils and to keep the hair smelling fresh. Tip: Put a spritz of perfume on your hair brush and your hair will smell great as you lightly brush the extension!
- Wash your hair extensions separately with a sulfate-free shampoo and use a hydrating, sulfate-free conditioner. Leave-in conditioners also work well. Brush extensions before shampooing to get out any tangles. Do not pile the hair extensions on top of your head when washing your hair, and massage only gently, keeping the hair fluid. Do NOT go to sleep with your hair wet. Make sure the extensions are dry and secured in a ponytail
or loose braid to keep them from tangling when you go to sleep.
- Use a heat protector product on your extensions before using heat tools.
- Brush the hair a few times a day. Make sure to avoid the clips if you are brushing your extensions while they are attached to your head. Brush gently, and hold the roots/clips securely with one hand while you brush the hair with the other.
- Apply any oil or shine spray away from the roots of the hair to eliminate your hair looking greasy at the roots. Focus your hair product on the hair from your ears to the ends to make dry hair look luminous and soft. A replenishing balm is great to apply to dry ends to refresh hair and give it luster.
- Lovy extensions are 100% Remy human hair that have gone through their own dyeing process. To further color treat your extensions, please consult only an experienced colorist. If the hair is processed incorrectly, or if lightened or bleached, you may compromise the quality and integrity of the hair and damage your extensions. Any coloring or dyeing of extensions is done at your own risk.
- Enjoy your new long, silky, and voluminous hair. Spend time caring for your extensions so that they will continue looking great.
How to put on CLIP-IN extensions
You will need:
- A hair clip - to clip the hair away after making a part
- A tail comb (or your fingers) – for parting/teasing your hair
- Hand mirror to see the back of your head
- A brush - to brush your own hair and your extensions
- Hairspray or dry shampoo spray
Before you start:
- Please take note of how many wefts are included with the hair length you selected.
- If you selected the 18-inch length, you will only have 7 wefts. The 20-inch/120g set includes 9 wefts. All other extensions will include 10 wefts. Lay the wefts out in front of you so you can visualize and organize where you will place the wefts on your head.
- The extensions attach to your hair with small clips sewn onto the hair extensions.
- Practice opening and closing the clips, applying pressure on each side of the clip with your thumbs. (They are similar to those metal “pop-out” barrettes.)
- Make sure all the clips are in the open position before you begin and layout the extensions in front of you so you how many you have and where they are going to be placed.
TIP: Teasing the roots, or adding a little dry shampoo to the roots of fine hair can be helpful to help the clips remain secure.
- Take your tail comb. Part your hair horizontally one inch from the nape of your neck and clip up the rest of your hair out of the way. You can opt to backcomb and/or hairspray your roots a little bit to help the clips stay in better.
- Always attach the middle weft clip first. Slide the comb on the clip onto your natural hair and clip shut. Make sure the weft is securely in place. Repeat with the clips for the left and right side of the weft.
- Check in the mirror to make sure no weft is showing and that all wefts are secure.
Release the clipped hair above the part and make another horizontal part one inch above the previously applied extension. Take your hair clip and clip away your natural hair up and out of the way after you make your part.=
- Move up your head and do more sections, each time attaching the center weft first and then the sides.
- Attach the smaller side wefts by making a horizontal part above the ear and attaching the clip in wefts as you did with the wefts you applied in the back.
- Brush your hair to blend your hair with the extensions. Again, use a mirror to look at the back and sides to make sure your clips are secure and no wefts are visible.
- You can also watch our YouTube tutorial video on How to Clip in Lovy Hair Extensions.